Dentistry for Children:
At Feiler Dental Associates, we have an outstanding approach to children's dentistry that truly sets us apart from other practices. We not only pride ourselves in making children's experiences at the dentist a truly fun adventure, but in having the dental staff and expertise that allows us to treat all of our children's needs whether they are very young (2 to 5 years old), in the mixed dentition stage (6 to 12 year olds), or teenagers who are young adults with special dental needs. Since we are a multi specialty practice, your child will smoothly make the transition from children's dental care to adult dental care.
Children actually look forward to visiting Feiler Dental Associates. There are many reasons why you and your child will find Feiler Dental Associates a special place for your child's dental care. Parents and their children can expect:
- Spacious and brightly painted private treatment rooms;
- Child-sized tables and chairs, comfortable pillows
- All types of toys and games are available at all of our locations
- Individual televisions in all of the treatment rooms
- Personalized service and regular reviewing of patients' progress
When we are ready for the child go into a treatment room, they will be given a remote control and access to a television to watch their favorite show on cable television. We encourage the children to feel comfortable while they are being treated. They may also take a puppet with them into the treatment room.
To reward their great behavior, children may receive an animal balloon, glove balloon, or are shown a magic trick. Every child will take a prize home with them from our special treasure chest.
After their visit, children will receive comprehensive dental care from our dentists, hygienists, orthodontist and other specialists. We have a large selection of educational video materials for parents and guardians to watch, as well as brochures for children's dental needs.
At Feiler Dental Associates, we understand the importance of starting children on a healthy habit of good dental care, and we do everything we can to encourage this by making a visit to our offices a fun time.
Dentistry for Teens:
The teenage years are an especially important transition period for both children and their parents in many ways: physiologically, mentally, emotionally, and, most importantly, socially. During this time, attention to oral health is very important. While there is no recognized specialty in dentistry for the treatment of teenagers, at Feiler Dental Associates, we have the experience, the capability, and the facility to successfully address teenage dental concerns.
As a multi-specialty dental practice, we treat both children and adults, allowing for the natural transition from pediatric care to adult care for teenagers of all ages. At Feiler Dental Associates, we have the expertise to specifically deal with teens oral health. Physiologically, the adolescent years initially involve a mixed dentition. There are still some baby teeth, and/or some of the adult teeth have erupted. Some teens do not have all their second molars (12-year molars) fully erupted until they are 14 or 15 years of age. And, certainly, the third molars (wisdom teeth) do not erupt until the latter teen years or even later, and may result in impacted wisdom teeth. Orthodontically, teeth finally fall into place. Periodontally, the gums present concerns for future oral health as well as for cosmetics (a "gummy smile" or uneven gums). We find seven areas of special concern for teenagers:
- Orthodontic malocclusions — We treat patients with conventional orthodontics or with Invisalign®, for older teens who do not want to wear braces in high school or college
- Wisdom teeth — This is the age when problems with wisdom teeth should be recognized by the dentist, both for their effect on orthodontic treatment and to prevent future problems such a pericoronitis, cysts, decay and periodontal problems
- Teenage Diets — More unsupervised eating and snacking, the introduction to coffee, tea, and soda, especially colas (all causing both decay and tooth staining) and the possible presence of bulimia, which is evident in the dentition and gums
- Cosmetic Concerns — In tooth positioning, tooth size discrepancies, periodontal irregularities (gummy smiles, uneven gums, gum defects), the need for post-orthodontic finishing, and of course whitening of yellowed or darkened teeth
- Restorative — Replacement of congenitally missing or traumatized teeth in early childhood
- Periodontal and Hygiene Concerns — To start greater adult care of periodontal concerns through regular hygiene appointments and the need for the use of floss, often not a priority for teens, a major problem in the teen years
- Oral Medicine — Piercings (tongue and lips), canker sores, oral cancers, biopsies, oral manifestations of systemic medical problems.
We regularly and successfully treat all of the above situations in our practice. Parents and their teenagers come to us after having been frustrated, misunderstood, and feeling forgotten during these critical teenage years by other dental practitioners. They are ecstatic to find a practice that can address their concerns with the expertise, confidence, and compassion they so rightly deserve, making for happy parents and teens!
Dentistry for Adults:
Dentistry for Seniors:
Oral hygiene is increasingly important to seniors’ overall health. We offer many solutions that specifically address dental problems for seniors.
Creative Restorative Dental Solutions for Seniors: We have the expertise to restore your teeth to give you a new, natural smile.
"Rescue Dentistry": At Feiler Dental, we also have several options to economically save old bridgework and teeth.
Snap-On Smiles for Seniors: Are you looking for a painless and non-intrusive way to obtain a Hollywood Smile? We have the Snap-On Smile for Seniors which is an affordable, removable appliance which offers a temporary or even long-term solution to gapped, broken, chipped, stained and even missing teeth.
Denture repairs: Accidents do happen. We are usually able to fix your dentures the same day or even while you wait.
Implants, full mouth reconstructions, surgery for seniors: We are experienced in a full-range of dental care of seniors.
“TLC”: We understand that some oral health issues are especially sensitive and need to be handled with care.
Attention to m
- Handicap accesible
- Plentiful covered parking
- Highway and non-highway access
- Large treatment rooms
- Large hallways for wheelchair access
- Elevator or ground floor access
Attention to Medical Needs
- Full medical emergency equipped
- Full mobile oxygen
- Vitals taken on every patient
- Excellent infection control
- Medical History can be completed here on the internet