We offer a comprehensive range oral health care for patients of all ages!
Our patients can expect to be treated with the respect, courtesy, and compassion they deserve. We will work with you to find innovative solutions to your dental needs, combining procedures as necessary.
We are pleased to offer a comprehensive range of advanced dentistry options:
Advanced Cosmetic Dentistry
The Center for Cosmetic Dentistry at Feiler Dental Associates provides a facility in Northern New Jersey, just outside New York City, for patients to pursue treatment at a comprehensive center for dental esthetics that treats the most difficult cases in cosmetically motivated dentistry.
Our Special Cosmetic Services:
• Comprehensive cosmetic dental examination, diagnosis, smile design
• Treatment planning and financial coordination consulation
• Computer imaging smile analysis (before and after simulations)
• Cosmetic mockups of potential cosmetic dental treatment
• Composite bonding, enameloplasty and gingivoplasty for minor anterior cosmetic changes
• ZOOM - power bleaching
• Custom bleaching trays
• Tres Whites (prefabricated bleaching trays)
• Professional strength Crest strips
• Internal bleaching (for dark endodontically treated teeth)
• Not only is bleaching safe, but it is the most natural solution to whitening
More Cosmetic Solutions
• Porcelain veneers
• Non metal porcelain crowns
• Periodontal plastic surgery (reshaping "gummy" smiles)
• Traditional orthodontics
Seeing a dentist regularly can have a profound effect on your overall health. Dentists can screen for many common diseases, and make sure you are physically healthy. It is why a high percentage of our patients visit us not two, but four times a year! Feiler Dental Associates has a diverse team of hygienists catering to patients’ dental needs. Each member of our team is a highly trained and licensed health professional that is responsible for the overall care of their patients’ oral, and even physical health.
• Oral cleaning
• Disease screening
• Root planing and curettage
• Computerized periodontal chartings
Be sure to visit our Dental Hygiene page for more information, and be sure to Meet Our Hygienists as well!
Dentures are prosthetic devices constructed to replace missing teeth; they are supported by the surrounding soft and hard tissues of the oral cavity. Dentures can replace all of the teeth (full denture) or of one or several teeth (partial denture).
We also offer Snap-On Smile©, a painless, non-invasive, cosmetic and removable appliance.
At Feiler Dental Assocaiates we offer Endodontic dental care along with our many other areas of care. Endodontic therapy is more commonly referred to as "Root Canal therapy."This procedure involves the inside of the tooth, at the tooth's pulp.
Crowns and conventional bridges or dentures may not be your only options when replacing missing teeth. For some people, dental implants offer a smile that looks and feels very natural. Surgically placed below the gums over a series of appointments, implants fuse to the jawbone and serve as a base for individual replacement teeth, bridges or a denture.
For more information please visit our Implants page.
Limited research suggests that the use of lasers as an adjunct to scaling and root planing (SRP) may improve the effectiveness of this procedure. In addition, when the lasers are used properly during periodontal therapy there can be less bleeding, swelling and discomfort to the patient during surgery. However, each laser has different wavelengths and power levels that can be used safely during different periodontal procedures.
Laser dentistry can also be very beneficial in cosmetically treating the gums, it can be used for gum refinement to remove excess gum, and to increase the length of teeth, and can also be used to remove small growths from the mouth and lips.
Oral medicine is concerned with clinical diagnosis and non-surgical management of all hard and soft tissue affecting the entire orofacial region (the mouth and the lower face). At Feiler Dental Associates we can also offer treatment options for some of these pathologies, we also offer cancer screenings.
At Feiler Dental Associates here are examples of diagnoses and biopsies of pathologies we offer.
- Mucogingival disease
- Oral cancer and benign growths
At Feiler Dental Associates we can offer the following surgical procedures:
- Extractions including impacted wisdom teeth
- Bone grafting
- Surgical placement of implants
- Frenectomies: fixing problems related to the tissue band connecting the lip to the gum in front of the teeth
- Infection and drainage
We offer a variety of different options to help fix malpositioned and crowded teeth, including braces as well as Invisalign for teens and adults. Please visit our Invisalign® page for more details. For full orthodontics information, you can also visit our River Edge Orthodontics page.
At Feiler Dental Associates, we have an outstanding approach to children's dentistry that truly sets us apart from other practices. We not only pride ourselves in making children's experiences at the dentist a truly fun adventure, but in having the dental staff and expertise that allows us to treat all of our children's needs whether they are very young (2 to 5 years old), in the mixed dentition stage (6 to 12 year olds), or teenagers who are young adults with special dental needs. Since we are a multi specialty practice, your child will smoothly make the transition from children's dental care to adult dental care.
We then introduce and teach children about the office and their own mouths. We have a wonderful staff that loves to interact with the children in the practice, making balloons, showing them their teeth on the TV camera, playing with puppets, discussing their needs dentally, and hearing about their school and extracurricular activities. They may even comment on the show your child is watching or the sneakers or shirt they are sporting that day.
The teenage years are an especially important transition period for both children and their parents in many ways: physiologically, mentally, emotionally, and, most importantly, socially. During this time, attention to oral health is very important. While there is no recognized specialty in dentistry for the treatment of teenagers, at Feiler Dental Associates, we have the experience, the capability, and the facility to successfully address teenage dental concerns.
We find seven areas of special concern for teenagers:
- Orthodontic malocclusions — We treat patients with conventional orthodontics or with Invisalign®, for older teens who do not want to wear braces in high school or college
- Wisdom teeth — This is the age when problems with wisdom teeth should be recognized by the dentist, both for their effect on orthodontic treatment and to prevent future problems such a pericoronitis, cysts, decay and periodontal problems
- Teenage Diets — More unsupervised eating and snacking, the introduction to coffee, tea, and soda, especially colas (all causing both decay and tooth staining) and the possible presence of bulimia, which is evident in the dentition and gums
- Cosmetic Concerns — In tooth positioning, tooth size discrepancies, periodontal irregularities (gummy smiles, uneven gums, gum defects), the need for post-orthodontic finishing, and of course whitening of yellowed or darkened teeth
- Restorative — Replacement of congenitally missing or traumatized teeth in early childhood
- Periodontal and Hygiene Concerns — To start greater adult care of periodontal concerns through regular hygiene appointments and the need for the use of floss, often not a priority for teens, a major problem in the teen years
- Oral Medicine — Piercings (tongue and lips), canker sores, oral cancers, biopsies, oral manifestations of systemic medical problems.
For more information please visit our Pediatric Dentistry page.
Periodontal (gum) diseases, including gingivitis and periodontitis, are serious infections that, left untreated, can lead to tooth loss. The word periodontal literally means "around the tooth." Periodontal disease is a chronic bacterial infection that affects the gums and bone supporting the teeth. Periodontal disease can affect one tooth or many teeth. It begins when the bacteria in plaque (the sticky, colorless film that constantly forms on your teeth) causes the gums to become inflamed.
For more information please visit our Periodontics page.
Available treatment options
- Composite restoration (tooth-colored fillings)
- Crowns and onlays that restore broken and decayed teeth
- Bridgework: non-removable replacements of missing teeth upon which crowns and bridges are placed
Snoring and Sleep Apnea
Through the use of oral appliances, rather than costly surgery and recovery time, specialized dentists are able to help those with sleep apnea and snoring-related problems. The airways that become blocked during sleep are closely related to the jaw and mouth which are very familiar to dentists. Through technological advances and more accurate studies, dentistry has become a vital role in helping people solve even minor sleep disorders.
For more information please visit our Snoring and Sleep Apnea page.
Temporomandibular Joint Syndrome (TMJ)
Your temporomandibular joint is a hinge that connects your jaw to the temporal bones of your skull, which are in front of each ear. It lets you move your jaw up and down and side to side, so you can talk, chew, and yawn. Problems with your jaw and the muscles in your face that control it are temporomadibular disorders.
Common symptoms can include pain or tenderness in the face, jaw joint, neck area, shoulder, or around the ears as well. There are also problems with the jaw getting "stuck" or "locked" in an open or closed mouth position. There can also be discomfort chewing as the teeth may not align properly, and the face may have pain or swelling.
At Feiler Dental Associates we are able to provide the proper dental care to help treat and alleviate the symptoms of TMJ, such as, replacing missing teeth, and using crowns, bridges, or braces to balance the biting surfaces of your teeth to correct a bite problem.
Affordability of Care
Perhaps most importatly, we believe in providing services that are affordable and accessible to all patients. At your initial consultation, we will discuss all possible payment options with you, working toward a payment plan that you feel comfortable with. Feiler Dental Associates prides itself on having the specialists, the facilities, and the experience to treat the most difficult and complex dental situations. Contact one of our offices today to schedule an appointment with our team of compassionate, skilled dentists.
Our office is open 6 days a week, and is open for emergencies 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.